A Path to Health and Wellness for Immigrants
The mission of Casa de Salud is to deliver high quality clinical and mental health services for uninsured and underinsured patients, focusing on new immigrants and refugees who encounter barriers to accessing other sources of care.
High Quality Care
Casa creates a sustainable resource center for Hispanic immigrants by:
- Operating on the medical campus of Saint Louis University with utilities and a facility provided by the University.
- Enlisting a volunteer professional staff to ensure high quality, low-cost care.
- Educating patients so they can become independent and proactive healthcare consumers.
Benefits to the Community
- Improves the health of immigrant employees who will lose fewer days of work and be more productive on the job. Helps retain productive workers in our community by treating them with respect and dignity.
- Lowers overall community healthcare costs by reducing expensive hospital emergency room visits and other hospital expenses incurred while providing services to the uninsured and underinsured.
- Reduces the severity of chronic illnesses (diabetes, heart diseases, cancer and depression to name a few) through early detection.
- Increases cultural diversity in our community.
- Promotes volunteerism and community outreach among individuals and the students and faculty of our great universities.
- Promotes collaboration in the community. Casa is a collaborative endeavor that brings business leaders, hospitals and the healthcare network, universities, the Hispanic community and others together to do what is right and just.
- Promotes regional prosperity.
- Enhances the reputation of the St. Louis area as an outreach and collaborative community or caring citizens, businesses and institutions that are willing to go the extra mile for the underserved and neediest among us.